SEO - Search Engine Optimization Services
WebRanking is proud to be the longest tenured Search Marketing agency in Portland, Oregon. Founded in March of 1998, we have seen how doing business online has evolved over the years. Keeping up with all the changes in digital marketing and search engine optimization has become even more complicated today than it was back in the 90’s. You need a partner who will help you stay on top of the latest digital trends. We’d love to be that partner.
Why You Need Effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
A properly optimized website is like having a silent partner who works around the clock to find new prospects and turn them into customers. When your website is well-optimized, you can go to sleep each night knowing that people searching for your type of product or service on the Internet have a good chance of finding your site and buying from you.
- Is your website working for you?
- Does it generate solid leads and new business?
- Are you getting a return on your online marketing investment?
If you cannot answer “yes” to the questions above, you may need a fresh approach to search engine optimization (SEO), an important component of an overall search engine marketing (SEM) strategy.
Focusing on What Really Matters
At WebRanking, our search engine optimization strategists have achieved positive, measurable results for clients since 1998. We don’t just drive traffic to clients’ sites. It doesn’t matter how many people visit your site if none of them are converting into customers. We focus on results. We help our clients meet their business objectives through paid and organic search engine optimization techniques.
Our SEO service capabilities/expertise includes:
- Search Marketing Strategy
- Content Ideation and Planning
- Content Creation, Optimization and Implementation
- Sales & Lead Optimization – known as Conversion Rate Optimization
- Analyzing & Measuring Results
- Keyword and Topical Research
- Link Building and Editing
- Technical Optimization
- Website Usability and Conversion Testing
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Promotion
- Website Penalty Diagnosis & Recovery
WebRanking built LifeCycle Adventure’s SEO effort from scratch. LifeCycles operates in a very competitive space and is dwarfed by many larger players with deep pockets, yet WebRanking’s work has enabled LifeCycles to be present for a broad set of relevant target customer searches. WebRanking is effective at managing all aspects of SEO while also instructing the business to take certain actions towards bettering SEO results.
— Pierre Campana-Jourda, Lifecycle Adventures LLC – Portland, Oregon
The Risks of Getting It Wrong
In the dark alley that is the Internet, anyone can call themselves a search engine marketing expert. You can find plenty of individual SEO and Digital Marketing agencies with flashy websites who will make promises and take your money, but they produce little if any results. Some will even leave you worse off than when you started.
The wrong SEO agency or practitioner can harm your business by:
- Using outdated techniques
- Employing unethical practices
- Getting your site penalized or even banned by Google
- Prioritizing website traffic instead of focusing on leads and sales
- Applying the same approach for every client
- Tying you into long-term contracts
- Selling you services you don’t need
- Offering only packages, not custom-tailored strategies and solutions designed to meet your business goals
The Truth About SEO
Finding an honest and effective SEO agency can be extremely difficult. That’s because high-quality SEO work is not a simple, one-size-fits-all program. It’s intricate, exacting and challenging work that’s different for every client.
An effective and ethical SEO agency must:
- Understand their Client’s goal and objectives
- Keep on top of constant changes to Google’s algorithm
- Keep up with new technologies and tools
- Analyze and accurately interpret clients’ performance metrics (Key Performance Indicators KPIs)
- Review the competition’s efforts
- Tailor strategies to meet each client’s unique needs and goals
- Develop programs that are affordable and effective
- Monitor results and fine-tune tactics
- Provide exceptional client service
In short, doing quality SEO is hard work. Achieving results honestly and ethically is even harder.
Why We Are Different
At WebRanking, we decided early on that we would win our clients’ loyalty by:
- Doing great work
- Producing results
- Providing exceptional client service
- Adhering to high ethical standards
More than 15 years later, that crazy idea is still working for us. We don’t need to tie clients into long-term contracts to keep their business. Our clients stay with us because we get results and they like working with us.
Clients appreciate that we put our commitment to integrity in writing. As board members of our local SEO professional organizations, we are signatories to the SEMpdx and MN Search codes of ethics that promote honesty, trust, fair dealing, ethical conduct and good faith.
What’s Your SEO Problem?
If you are looking for SEO services, we’d like to know why. Most of our clients come to us from other SEO agencies that did not produce results. But we’ve helped clients with a wide range of backgrounds. Do any of the following describe your situation?
- Your current SEO agency or consultant isn’t meeting your needs.
- You tried to do SEO on your own, but found it was too complicated and time consuming.
- You implemented techniques you learned about online or from friends, but they didn’t work.
- You know your site needs help, but you don’t know who you can trust.
- Your site was doing just fine, but then traffic and conversions took a nose dive.
What Are Your SEO Opportunities?
Your business and your online presence are unique. Our SEO consultants will talk with you about your business goals and discuss how an SEO strategy can help you reach them. What do you want your SEO program to do?
- Generate leads
- Increase online sales
- Increase in-store sales
- Build brand awareness
- Engage your audience through social media
- Increase traffic to your website
- Increase newsletter subscriptions
- Establish your authority as a subject matter expert
- Build a small army of loyal customers
The WebRanking Solution
Once we understand your problems and opportunities, we will develop a program tailored to meet your goals. Drawing upon our years of experience and up-to-the-minute industry knowledge, we create SEO strategies that are designed to achieve measurable results. No two clients’ programs look exactly the same, but all of them are implemented through a similar, three-phase process.
Phase One: Building a Strong Foundation
Our process begins with a thorough analysis of your existing website. We audit the site and fix any technical problems. This phase of the program can include:
- Technical audit: Do the pages load quickly? Are they properly indexed? Do the title tags and meta description tags meet industry standards for length, content and originality? Are images optimized for load time and tagged properly for search? We’ll review Google Page Speed insights and fix any issues. (We have the technical expertise to fix most website problems ourselves so you won’t have to hire a developer.)
- Analytics: We will implement Google Analytics on your site or review your current analytics report. We will identify what needs to be tracked and develop reports to show progress toward your goals.
- Content review: Are the pages arranged logically? Is the content robust, informative and original? Does it answer users’ questions and establish you as an authority in your field? Is it easy to read and scan? We will assess your content assets and make recommendations for adding, eliminating or revising content.
- Link audit: We’ll look at the number and quality of links that lead from other websites to yours. Our SEO consultants know which types of links Google considers a vote of confidence for your site and which can create problems. We’ll work to remove spammy links that can trigger Google penalties or compromised rankings. We will also analyze the links within the site to enhance usability and search.
- Conversion elements: We’ll make sure your site has strong conversion elements, including a contact form, phone number, call to action, testimonials, social media links, and other items that help turn website visitors into customers.
Phase Two: Building Authority
Now that the foundation is built and the SEO essentials are in place, we will take steps to increase your site’s authority through off-site optimization and the addition of new, search-friendly content. Building authority involves:
- Citations: We will find all the places on the web that list your business name, phone number and address. If these citations are inaccurate or inconsistent, we’ll work to make corrections.
- Social media: We will ensure visitors to your site can easily connect with you via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other social media. We’ll also help you develop a plan for engaging with your audience online.
- Links: Links from relevant online directories can help boost your site’s search rankings, while links from other directories can harm site performance. Our strategists know which directories are helpful and which are best avoided.
- New content: Fresh, well-written content can help users find your site and persuade them to take action. We can provide optimized content or give you guidelines for writing your own.
Phase Three and Beyond: Ongoing, Innovative Maintenance
SEO is not a “set-it-and-forget-it” discipline. Your online presence requires ongoing attention. We will monitor your analytics, fine-tune strategies, and work to meet your goals. We’ll respond quickly to the inevitable changes in Google’s algorithm and recommend new techniques that are well-suited to your business objectives.
- Content: Search engines are always hungry for fresh content, including website pages, articles, blog posts, white papers, slide presentations and other formats. We’ll recommend and optimize content that targets your business goals and show you how to repurpose older content to give it a life again.
- Sales & Lead Optimization also known as Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO): We will optimize your site to increase the number of leads and/or sales it generates.
- Audience Testing: We will use A/B Split testing and multi-variate testing on your site visitors to improve your website conversion rates that will increase your sales and leads.
- Thought leadership: Writing long-form articles, posting info graphics on social media, speaking at conferences and posting presentations online are some of the ways to show potential customers and the search engines that you are an authority in your field. We’ll recommend approaches that demonstrate your knowledge, build trust and increase your online authority.
- Link building: Effective link building is an ongoing process, not a one-time event. We will continue to build links from quality, relevant sites, a few at a time — just the way Google prefers.
- Social clout: We will help you engage your audience, build your brand and develop loyal followers via appropriate social media.
Are Results Guaranteed?
A doctor can’t promise to cure you. A lawyer can’t promise a “not guilty” verdict. As search marketing professionals, we don’t promise specific results, like a number one ranking on Google for a specific keyword search.
We have worked in search marketing since 1998. That was back in the dark ages of the Internet, before Google existed. Over the years, we have learned that anyone who guarantees results isn’t someone you should trust. Google’s algorithm changes more than 500 times each year in ways no one can predict. Ranking is no longer the same for every user. Plus, ranking doesn’t translate into conversions.
We don’t guarantee specific results, but we do promise to work diligently in your best interest. We are committed to honesty, integrity, ethical conduct and results. We employ proven techniques that are endorsed by Google. We don’t use “black hat” tactics and we won’t mislead our clients.
How Long Does It Take?
Promising immediate results is as risky as promising a number one ranking in Google. It’s a red flag that can warn you that you’re about to be taken for a ride.
In general, you can expect a brand new website to take about six months to produce results. If you already have a website, it may take more or less time, depending on what SEO work has been done in the past. A site that just needs a few tweaks can take three or four months to achieve results. A site that comes with a lot of bad baggage — like Google penalties or a history of spammy activity — can take much longer to revive. We can give you a more accurate prediction once we review your site.
What’s This Going to Cost?
Your monthly cost for our SEO services is based on an individual program designed to meet your needs, not an off-the-shelf package. Our clients’ monthly fees range from around $1,250 to upwards of $20,000. Most client’s monthly budgets start around $1,750 per month. Our clients are just like you — sharp business people who wouldn’t invest in SEO if they didn’t get results.
Why Choose WebRanking?
You have many options when selecting an SEO agency. Many sound great, but very few can match our record of longevity and success. Consider:
- Experience: We’ve been achieving results for clients the hard way — with honesty and integrity — since 1998.
- Custom-tailored programs: You get just what you need, not a one-size-fits-all package.
- No long-term contracts: Our clients stay with us because we produce results and treat them well, not because they are tied into long-term contracts.
- Results-oriented: When you’re successful, we’re successful. So we are committed to helping you reach your business goals.
- Proven techniques: The actions we take have been proven safe and effective. We won’t risk your reputation or ours on questionable or shady tactics.
- Passion: We are passionate about SEO and enjoy using our skills to help businesses succeed online.
- Personal service: You work with your own dedicated consultant, not a tech support person you’ve never met. We enjoy getting to know you and your unique needs and objectives.
- Track and share success: You’ll receive detailed reports that explain the actions we’ve taken and the progress we’ve made toward your goals. We won’t just bury you in data. We’ll explain what the numbers mean. It’s important to us that you understand how your program is working.
- Upfront, honest, transparent: We are committed to treating clients the way we’d like to be treated: with honesty and integrity. We won’t mislead you or employ risky tactics that can cause you harm. We are totally transparent in our approach, we will share with you our strategies and techniques each month.
- Technical expertise: We can fix most technical issues with your website so you don’t have to hire an outside programmer to implement our recommendations.
- Industry leaders: We are serious about our profession. We serve on the boards of organizations that are dedicated to promoting ethical SEO practices. We often attend and share our expertise at industry conferences nationwide.
- Satisfied, long-term clients: Once our clients see what we can do for them, they continue to use our services. It rare for us to lose a client.
We Can Help. Let Us Show You How!
We’ve been optimizing Portland businesses for almost 20 years and we’d love to show you how. Contact us today to get your free detailed SEO analysis. With it, you’ll learn how your business can attract more customers through search engines.